Qlik’s products are designed to be extensible. We welcome customers and developers to use Qlik’s published APIs to highlight the full power and possibilities of the Qlik products . In order to make the use of Qlik’s published APIs as safe, productive and fair as possible, all users of Qlik’s published APIs are required to comply with this Qlik API Policy (the "API Terms"), which describes your rights and responsibilities when accessing Qlik’s publicly available application programming interfaces (the "APIs") and related API documentation.
By accessing or using our APIs, you are agreeing to these API Terms, so please read these API Terms carefully. If there is a conflict between these API terms and additional terms applicable to a given API, the additional terms will control for that conflict. If you use any APIs as an interface to, or in conjunction with other Qlik products or services, then the terms for those other products or services also apply. “Qlik,” “We," "our" and "us" refers to QlikTech International AB and its affiliates, and "you," and "your," refers to the individual, company or legal entity that you represent.
A few things to keep in mind before you start using Qlik APIs:
- As you are responsible for complying with these API Terms, the API documentation and other Qlik policies and agreements that govern your use of Qlik products, please read these API Terms and the relevant documents carefully, so that you understand your obligations with respect to Qlik APIs, products and services.
- Security and integrity are essential. Customers of Qlik products and services expect a secure and reliable experience. Respect the integrity of the Qlik products and users’ interests in privacy and security.
- If we believe you are in violation of these API Terms (or any other applicable Qlik policy), we may suspend or permanently revoke your access to the APIs.
- Please note that Qlik may monitor your use of the APIs to improve Qlik products and to ensure your compliance with these API Terms. You will not interfere with this monitoring. Qlik may use any technical means to overcome such interference
Our communications to you and our APIs may contain Qlik confidential information. Qlik confidential information includes any materials, communications, and information that are marked confidential or that would normally be considered confidential under the circumstances. If you receive any such information, then you will not disclose it to any third party without Qlik’s prior written consent.
Qlik invests substantially in our APIs to make it possible for you to create robust, reliable user experiences for Qlik products and to easily integrate Qlik products into embedded contexts. Qlik does NOT permit use of any unpublished APIs, and any use of unpublished APIs is a violation of these API Terms. Qlik will assert all rights and remedies available to Qlik in connection with your use of any unpublished APIs.
Subject to the restrictions below, we grant you a non-exclusive, worldwide, non-transferable, limited license to access our APIs only as necessary to develop, test and support an integration of your API client with the applicable Qlik product.
When using our APIs, you may not, and you may not permit anyone else to access our APIs
- in violation of any law or regulation
- in any manner that compromises, breaks or circumvents any of our technical processes or security measures associated with Qlik products
- in any manner that poses a security vulnerability to customers or users of any Qlik products
- in any manner that tests the vulnerability of our systems or networks
- in order to replicate or compete with any Qlik products or services Additionally, when using our APIs, you may not, and you may not permit anyone else to:
- sublicense an API for use by a third party or create an API client that functions substantially the same as the APIs and offer it for use by third parties
- attempt to reverse engineer or otherwise derive source code, trade secrets, or know-how of our APIs or products or services, except to the extent that this restriction is expressly prohibited by applicable law
- perform any action that has the intent of introducing to Qlik products and services any viruses, worms, defects, Trojan horses, malware, or any items of a destructive nature.
- imply a Qlik endorsement, certification, affiliation or partnership unless you have explicit permission from Qlik to do so
- provide access to any Qlik products in any fraudulent or unauthorized way, including bypassing or circumventing Qlik protocols and access controls
- defame, abuse, harass, stalk, or threaten others
- interfere with or disrupt the APIs or the servers or networks providing the APIs, or degrade or compromise security in any way.
- use the APIs for any activities where the use or failure of the APIs could lead to death, personal injury, or environmental damage (such as the operation of nuclear facilities, air traffic control, or life support systems).
- use the APIs to process or store any data that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations maintained by the U.S. Department of State
- attempt to use our APIs in a manner that exceeds rate limits, or constitutes excessive or abusive usage
- remove, obscure, or alter any Qlik terms of service or any links to or notices of those terms
Qlik does not intend use of the APIs to create obligations under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, as amended ("HIPAA"), and makes no representations that the APIs satisfy HIPAA requirements. If you are (or become) a "covered entity" or "business associate" as defined in HIPAA, you will not use the APIs for any purpose or in any manner involving transmitting protected health information to Qlik
Qlik sets and enforces limits on your use, access and calls of the APIs (e.g. limiting the number of API requests that you may make or the number of users you may serve), in our sole discretion. You agree to, and will not attempt to circumvent, such limitations documented for each API. If you exceed or Qlik reasonably believes that you have attempted to circumvent such limits, then your ability to use the APIs may be temporarily suspended or permanently blocked.
Some of the software required by or included in our APIs may be offered under an open source license. Open source software licenses constitute separate written agreements. For certain APIs, open source software is listed in the documentation. To the limited extent the open source software license expressly supersedes the Terms, the open source license instead sets forth your agreement with Qlik for the applicable open source software.
Our APIs may contain some third-party content (such as text, images, videos, audio, or software). This content is the sole responsibility of the person that makes it available. We may sometimes review content to determine whether it is illegal or violates our policies or these API Terms, and we may remove or refuse to display content. Finally, content accessible through our APIs may be subject to intellectual property rights, and, if so, you may not use it unless you are licensed to do so by the owner of that content or are otherwise permitted by law. Your access to the content provided by the API may be restricted, limited, or filtered in accordance with applicable law, regulation, and policy.
We may send you certain communications in connection with your use of the APIs. Further, if you provide feedback or suggestions about our APIs, then we (and those we allow) may use such information without obligation to you, and grant us an unlimited, irrevocable, perpetual, sublicensable, transferable, royalty-free license to use any such feedback or suggestions for any purpose without any obligation or compensation to you.
Occasionally we need the flexibility to make changes to our APIs, including backwards incompatible changes. We will try to give notice of these changes, but you should consider viewing our changelogs at for updates. Also, parts of our API are undocumented, including certain methods, events, and properties. Given that these undocumented aspects of our APIs may change at any time, you should not rely on their behaviors.
You agree to display any attribution(s) required by Qlik as described in the documentation for the APIs.
Some of our APIs allow the submission of content. Qlik does not acquire any ownership of any intellectual property rights in the content that you submit to our APIs through your API client. For the sole purpose of enabling Qlik to provide, secure, and improve the APIs (and the related service(s)) and only in accordance with the applicable Qlik privacy policies, you grant Qlik a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, sublicensable, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to use, host, store, modify, communicate, and publish content submitted, posted, or displayed to or from the APIs through your API client. You will use commercially reasonable efforts to protect user information collected by your API client, including personal data, from unauthorized access or use and will promptly report to your users any unauthorized access or use of such information to the extent required by applicable law.
By using our APIs, you do not acquire ownership of any rights in our APIs or the content that is accessed through our APIs. You expressly acknowledge that Qlik, its licensors and its end users retain all worldwide right, title and interest in and to the APIs, including all proprietary rights and rights in patents, trademarks, trade names, copyrights, trade secrets, know-how, data (including all applications therefor). You agree not to do anything inconsistent with such ownership.
THE APIS, THE API DOCUMENTATION AND ALL RELATED COMPONENTS ARE PROVIDED BY US ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, AND WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL GUARANTEES, CONDITIONS, REPRESENTATIONS, UNDERTAKINGS, AND WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE APIS WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE. EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY SET OUT IN THE TERMS, NEITHER QLIK NOR ITS SUPPLIERS OR DISTRIBUTORS MAKE ANY SPECIFIC PROMISES ABOUT THE APIS. FOR EXAMPLE, WE DO NOT MAKE ANY COMMITMENTS ABOUT THE CONTENT ACCESSED THROUGH THE APIS, THE SPECIFIC FUNCTIONS OF THE APIS, OR THEIR RELIABILITY, AVAILABILITY, OR ABILITY TO MEET YOUR NEEDS.
IN NO EVENT WILL QLIK’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THESE API TERMS (WHETHER IN CONTRACT OR TORT OR UNDER ANY OTHER THEORY OF LIABILITY) EXCEED US$100. IN NO EVENT WILL QLIK HAVE ANY LIABILITY TO YOU OR TO ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY LOST PROFITS OR REVENUES OR FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, COVER OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES HOWEVER CAUSED, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT OR UNDER ANY OTHER THEORY OF LIABILITY, AND WHETHER OR NOT YOU OR THE THIRD PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE FOREGOING DISCLAIMER WILL NOT APPLY TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
Unless prohibited by applicable law, if you are a business, you will defend and indemnify Qlik, and its affiliates, directors, officers, employees, and users, against all liabilities, damages, losses, costs, fees (including legal fees), and expenses relating to any allegation or third-party legal proceeding to the extent arising from:
- your misuse or your end user's misuse of the APIs;
- your violation or your end user's violation of these API Terms; or
- any content or data routed into or used with the APIs by you, those acting on your behalf, or your end users.
We and you will each comply with all applicable foreign, federal, state, and local laws, rules and regulations, including without limitation, all applicable laws relating to bribery and/or corruption. The APIs are subject to U.S. export laws and may be subject to import and use laws of the country where it is delivered or used. You agree to abide by these laws. Under these laws, the APIs may not be sold, leased, downloaded, moved, exported, re-exported, or transferred across borders without a license, or approval from the relevant government authority, to any country or to any foreign national restricted by these laws, including countries embargoed by the U.S. Government; or to any restricted or denied end-user including, but not limited to, any person or entity prohibited by the U.S. Office of Foreign Assets Control; or for any restricted end-use. You will comply with all applicable privacy laws and regulations including those applying to personal data.
You may stop using our APIs at any time with or without notice. Qlik reserves the right to discontinue the APIs or any portion or feature or your access thereto for any reason and at any time without liability or other obligation to you. Upon any discontinuation of your access to an API, you will immediately stop using the API.
The APIs were developed solely at private expense and are commercial computer software and related documentation within the meaning of the applicable U.S. Federal Acquisition Regulation and agency supplements thereto.
These API Terms are in the English language. If we provide a translation of these API Terms, we do so for your convenience only and the English terms will govern. The API Terms do not create any third-party beneficiary rights or any agency, partnership, or joint venture. Nothing in the Terms will limit either party's ability to seek injunctive relief. We are not liable for failure or delay in performance to the extent caused by circumstances beyond our reasonable control. If you do not comply with these API Terms, and Qlik does not take action right away, this does not mean that Qlik is giving up any rights that it may have (such as taking action in the future). If it turns out that a particular term is not enforceable, this will not affect any other terms.
We may modify these API Terms or any portion to, for example, reflect changes to the law or changes to our APIs. You should review these API Terms regularly. We will post notice of modifications to the API Terms within the documentation of each applicable API,_. Changes will not apply retroactively and will become effective no sooner than 30 days after they are posted. However, changes addressing new functions for an API or changes made for legal reasons will be effective immediately. If you do not agree to the modified terms for an API, you should discontinue your use of that API. Your continued use of the API constitutes your acceptance of the modified terms.